Tomorrow (September 16th) is Mexican Independence Day, and what a better way to celebrate the country that gave us margaritas than with a special one? This is made with the prickly pear, a very traditional Mexican flavor. So get out your sombreros and enjoy a unique margarita!
- 2 Prickly Pears
- 2 oz. Lime Juice
- 2 oz. Tequila
- 1½ oz. Simple Syrup
- 1.5 cups of Ice
- Pinch of Mint
- Sugar and Lime
This drink definitely takes more work than usual. You’ll start by peeling the prickly pears and putting them in the blender with the lime juice, simple syrup and mint. Once all the ingredients are in, strain it into another container then pour it back into the blender. Now, add in the tequila and the ice. Blend them to make it slushy like. Prepare your glass by rimming it with sugar and lime. Now, all thats left is pour and serve!
- Put the prickly pear, mint, simple syrup and lime juice into a blender and blend them
- Strain to remove all the seeds and leaves and then put into the blender again
- Add the tequila and ice into the blender, blend to a slushy like texture
- Prepare your glass with sugar and lime juice
- Serve into your glass, feel free to garnish with a mint stem